Sunday, February 26, 2012

Randomly Running a 10k today!

I've been in Puerto Rico for 13 days now, and today is my first day off.  Yesterday morning when we were leaving the hotel for work there was a sign in the lobby for a shuttle to a race called 'The World's Best 10.'  I looked it up on my phone once I got on the boat and realized the race was today.  I decided I wanted to try and register for it, but the website wasn't making it easy.  I called (no answer) and emailed (no answer) but didn't get anywhere.  They were having a Fitness Expo at the Roberto Clemnte Coliseum here in San Juan where people were picking up their Race Bibs and I thought this was probably the place to get some answers.  After we got off the boat, I took the rental van (Sidenote: don't buy a Kia Sedona) over the the Expo and after about 10 people telling me it was too late to register I got in!  I found the director of the race and told him how I came across the race and he opened the registration up for me.  It was awesome! So today at 5:25pm local time, I'll be running 6.2 miles which I haven't done in over a year.  Bring it!!

Also, came across this really inspirational video this morning bought to you by the Mustache Man!

*Update* Ran the 6.2 miles in 52:20 mins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment